Random stuff

Randomness:

All of the baby books tell moms to "sleep when the baby is sleeping". My question is, what am I supposed to do with the other two kids?! Not so simple... (One book even goes so far to say that new moms should rest every day from 2-5 pm. Can brand new babies be programmed to actually sleep for those 3 hours as well?! Good luck.)

I have been listening to General Conference talks on my ipod during nighttime feedings the past few nights (thanks, James, for the brilliant idea!). It's interesting how I can pay better attention at 2 am while nursing than when Conference is actually on! (Again, I blame it on the other 2 kids. I love them to death, but they can be quite the distractions!) Now, I almost look forward to getting up in the middle of the night. =)

While driving by the new Occquirh temple a few weeks ago, Brynn said, "I like the Angel Moroni. She's nice!"

Brynn has been Tinker Bell lately and constantly wants to be "flown" around (she sticks her arms out in front of her like a superhero while I fly her). Abby decided today that she wants to be Tinker Bell, too. I learned that a 2-year-old Tink flies much easier than a 4-year-old one!

Ivy rolled over twice the other day! She was having "tummy time", which I guess she hated enough to roll over at only 6 weeks! Of course, when I tried to get her to do it for James, she didn't budge. She also wouldn't smile for him, even though she gave me an unmistakable smile 2 minutes before. I promise him that I'm not making these things up, and he is kind enough to humor me!

No matter how much time I spend on my girls' hair in the morning, when we actually go out in public they often still have crazy-looking hair! And, there is usually a spill of some sort on a shirt that I missed. Oh, well. I promise, I do try and groom my children. But, what's a mom to do? Luckily, even with dirty shirts and wild hair, they are still super cute!

Poor James, these are the things that I have to talk about when he gets home from work. Thank goodness he loves me anyway.

5 comments:

Carrie said...

Looks like you've been reading my mind. Us moms must stick together before the hair rips itself out right.

The Bell Family said...

Lisa - I love reading your blog - you are always so funny! I can TOTALLY relate to the messy hair when you take the kids somewhere! I am constantly reassuring people over and over that "I promise I got them ready today! They were put together at one point!"

gammaeileen said...

Another baby genius! That's 11 in all! (Funny, that's how many grandkids we have! How can that be?)

Jake and Shell said...

Cute random stuff, Lisa! I always end up "do"-ing Graces hair just before a nap. Then we are always in a rush to get out right when she wakes up so we don't miss the next "window". So she always looks like she slept on her hair...because she did. Oh, and both the kids always have boogy noses - no matter how many times I wipe them!!! Ugh.

Rebecca said...

This is exactly why I had boys! If I actually had to get up earlier to do girl hair, I wouldn't know what to do. You could try a boy cut--all it requires is a quick squirt of water and a comb or in Eric's case, a dab of gel and your fingers! Also, I guess you just had the girls too close together for the sleep when the baby sleeps advice! At 2 kids, I could put them both down for afternoon naps and take one myself. At three, the oldest was in school, and the two youngest would nap with me! And so on....I even always picked afternoon kindergarten so the baby and toddler could nap while the 5 year old was in school, and then I could nap, or accomplish something for myself! Good luck!!