Hooray for tax time

I just finished doing our taxes. I guess I'm weird, but I always look forward to tax time. I check the mail eagerly throughout January, collecting all of the necessary forms. I can't wait until the last one arrives so that I can actually sit down and figure it all out. I guess there is a sense of satisfaction in a)being able to do my taxes on my own, b)feeling a little bit smart again for just a while, and, most importantly, c)finding out how much money we are going to get back. When the year comes when we actually owe taxes instead of getting a refund, I would imagine that it won't be quite as rewarding. But, until then, I'm just a tax geek having her fun!

(What a great tax bonus to have Ivy before the end of the year!)

Sorry for the lack of pictures...I'm not that big of a geek to take photos of my tax forms.

7 comments:

The Bell Family said...

Lisa you are so funny! I like tax time too, only I'm not smart enough to do them myself! :) So, I guess I'll have to wait until Jeff is back from out of town and actually has a minute to do them! :)

Jake and Shell said...

You are funny. I actually did laugh out loud. If you are bored you can play around with our taxes sometime. ;)

Bethany said...

At least I am not alone! I love it too, although this year we found we owe just a tiny bit due to a mistake at work (State Tax will cover it) still fun to do, and we enjoyed the money through the year.

nora.lakehurst said...

Tax time is very rewarding but for us this year. We didnt do our deductions right so we get to shell out THREE THOUSAND DOLLARS to the state of UT. YAY.... blech. Anyways yeah good times.

Matt said...

Wow! So many closet tax accountants. I don't feel so bad for having an accounting degree. I'm glad you're done. I'm still waiting for a few items in the mail....

Matt

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

I don't get involved in Tax time but but Richard has already filed ours E file.We will get no return.Now he has to do some for our son and Grandson I think he likes to do Taxes.

Sarah said...

I love tax time too...who doesn't love getting a little extra dough, right?