my baby is one

Today is Ivy's birthday...I just can't believe it has been a year. I'll post birthday pictures later, but I'm in the mood to reminisce for a minute.

A year ago today, we were planning on having our baby on the 22nd, 4 days away. So, that morning I drove to the airport to pick up my little brother, Thomas. While waiting in the "park n wait" (or whatever they call it), I discovered that sitting with the heat and radio on kills the battery very quickly! Thomas called to say he had landed, I went to start the car to go pick him up, and I discovered that the battery was dead. Great. 9 months pregnant, 2 other kids in car seats, and I have to wander the airport parking lot to find someone to jump my car. Luckily, being 9 months pregnant makes you much less threatening-looking, and some very nice people helped me out. I was feeling lousy all day, but that's normal at 9 months! That evening, just after a nice dinner at my parents' house, my water broke! (Much less embarrassing in my parents' bathroom than in Barnes and Noble...I'm sure you've all heard that story!) So, we were on our way to the hospital and baby Ivy joined us that night. She was one of the most beautiful babies we had ever seen...Even the nurses were crazy about her and her curly hair. (They had fun styling her hair in the nursery and would always comment about the "baby with all that hair"!) We got snowed in at the hospital (do you remember last year's snowstorms?!), and I got some special one-on-one time with my new baby girl. And, the year just flew after that!

Ivy is still the baby with all that hair, and we love her to pieces. She is just so happy and full of smiles and we can't imagine our family without her.

1 comments:

Jake and Shell said...

Jake and I were just talking about the snow storm last year and how Ivy is already ONE!! Crazy! She is a beautiful girl and we love her :)