mission flashbacks

I have a mission reunion tonight. I have been home from France for almost 11 years now (wow, am I getting old!) and haven't had a reunion for at least 8 or 9 of those. My stomach is already full of butterflies just thinking about it. (Good butterflies, mind you!) What an incredible time my mission was in my life. As I looked through my scrapbook last night, so many memories flooded my mind...details I thought I'd forgotten about places and people and events, and especially feelings: love and excitement and fear and sorrow and peace. (I'm getting teary again in remembering.) My mission really began to shape the woman that I realized I want to be. I'm still in process, but I am so grateful for what my mission gave me. (Even though I feel like all of my French has fallen out of my brain, the things that matter most are still there!)

4 comments:

BrookeHoopes said...

I can't wait to see you!!!!!

nora.lakehurst said...

First off I had no idea you went on a mission. Second you are a great woman and you ARE that person that you want to be. YOu are great! Thanks for posting. I will be stalking waiting for pictures of your mission reuion. Have a great one

DeAnna Dahl Kemple said...

Have a good time at your Mission reunion. We love our mission even if some times it is hard we love all the missionary's that we are working with.We will always remember the things we are learning.

Jake and Shell said...

You are too cute Lisa! You are a great example to me and I'm so glad to have you in my life. Enjoy your reunion - and you are NOT getting old :) xo

PS, you are also a great reminder to scrapbook/journal. How many wonderful memories have already been forgotten??? :)