bear lake

We had our first real family vacation this month, with a trip to Bear Lake. We had so much fun, and the kids did fantastic! The weather was perfect and the lake was more entertaining than I even expected it to be. The girls loved collecting sea shells, digging in the sand, and, my favorite, playing in the water that was only to our knees! (It was so nice to not have to worry every second that they were going to get in over their heads, since the lake is so shallow for so long. Perfect for little kids and their worrier moms!) We took the trip with James's parents, Rachel, Jake and Shell, and kids and really enjoyed our time together.

The view from our condo. I haven't been to Bear Lake since I was a kid, and I didn't realize it was this big!

Playing in the "waves".

Brynn was in heaven in the sand. =)

James and Rick made a great likeness of an alligator.

Even Ivy loved the water...She was a real trooper.

We can't wait to go back next summer! (Oh, and the raspberry shakes were wonderful. Thank goodness I'm back on dairy again...Just in time.)

1 comments:

nora.lakehurst said...

When did you go to the lake? We were there on Tuesday this past week. IT was so much fun! We rented wave runners. Oh man if I only knew you were there too. I would have loved to stop by and say Hello. Check out my blog the one after trumans thing is our bear lake trip. How fun!