Idol

So, I swore that I wasn't going to watch American Idol this season...But, it always seems to suck me it anyway! Living here in Salt Lake, we have had more than our share of newspaper articles on the show, so I quit trying to resist. I even got James to sit down and watch the finale with me tonight (much easier now that he doesn't have Bishopric meetings on Tuesday nights anymore!). Abby and Brynn also enjoyed the singing, though they like the dancing shows much better. (Abby loves to dance along, though she will intentionally dance right in front of the tv because she says she wants us to watch her, not the other dancers!)

Anyway, I must say that I think David Archuleta is the clear winner...I just hope that all of this fame is a good thing for him. He seems like such a sweet boy (yes, boy, since I'm almost old enough to be his mother...though at least I'm not quite there yet!).

2 comments:

Jake and Shell said...

Dang it!! The ONE year I don't faithfully watch AI and there's a local in the running! I was at Pier 1 tonight (by myself...thank you very much!) and the girls at the counter were all giddy about David A...all but one who was a clear Cook fan. Such excitment!!!

Brooke said...

Lisa, I love your blog! I must admit, I couldn't stay away from Idol this year either. With Brooke & David on it, it was hard not to watch. I was disappointed last night though. I still think David Archuleta has an amazing voice and will do well.