My splurges.

This morning, as I was cleaning my bathrooms, I thought about all of the stuff I buy and what I have deemed a "splurge" that I can't live without. (Fascinating, I know...my brain is working overtime!) Here are some examples:
Chlorox wipes and Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. I have tried the generics, and they are NOT the same. (Chlorox wipes in general are one of the more recent wonderful discoveries, especially with small children!)
Expensive ice cream. I am convinced that the more it costs, the better it tastes.
Crayola markers. The others always dry out first.
Disposable toilet bowl cleaners. James thinks they are a waste of money...I challenge him to clean the toilets weekly and then reconsider his opinion.
Tyson chicken. Again, generic is inferior.
Jeans. If I am lucky enough to find a pair that really fits right, it is destined to not be on the clearance rack in any store. Sigh.

I have become quite a generic-brand shopper, I promise. No "Coco Puffs" or "Goldfish" for us. But, sometimes it's worth the extra money to be satisfied.

Oh, and chocolate chips. The generic are waxy. Now I want to bake some cookies.=)

5 comments:

Matt Bettilyon said...

Ghirardelli really is the only way to go as far as chocolate chips are concerned.

Ben and Jerry's is the best ice cream around. You can still find it on sale for $2.50/pint (Pint!). Expensive is much better.

Sarah said...

I think your right- there are just come things you like and you have to splurge on and I say that's just fine! PS- ice cream is one of mine too!

Kimmy said...

I agree, there are some things you can't go generic on, although usually I am the cheapest shopper ever!

Jake and Shell said...

Don't forget 'leather couches'...quite a splurge, but when you spill that expensive ice cream on it, you can just wipe it right up...no stains! :)

Stacy said...

I always try to be cheap, but I totally agree that there are some things worth paying more to have!!!