Goodbye, trusted car



Well, we said goodbye to an era this week with the loss of our 15-year-old Saturn. A couple of weeks ago I was rear-ended while sitting at a red light and the back of the car was crunched right in (luckily the kids and myself were ok). After a lot of drama with the other driver and her insurance company (too traumatizing to recount), our poor car was declared a "total loss". It was especially sad, knowing that the value listed on paper is not even close to the value that car was to us! But, what can you do? So, we took the settlement and then watched a tow truck carry our car away on Monday.

It's funny how we regularly complained about having old cars: no air conditioning, no features, no air conditioning, not enough room , no air conditioning, etc. =) But, when it came down to seeing one of our cars go, it was really bittersweet. This was my car when we met and fell in love and were married. This was the car that carried around both of our beautiful girls. We have great memories and are a bit sad to see this time end. I'm sure it sounds corny, but our family was blessed to have such a dependable car for so long.

4 comments:

Carrie said...

I see my old house across the street...how sad...

MattnBeck said...

How sad. That car carried me on a few of our own break downs, too.

Happy 7th anniversary, though! I bet it didn't snow, though, did it?

Jake and Shell said...

I love Abby and Brynn in the car! Very cute. :) The van will be the beginning of a 'new' era...one that includes air conditioning and a baby boy in the carseat!
...well, at least air conditioning anyway! :)

Brooke said...

I remember many a ride in that car during our Park Plaza years. She will be missed!