Poor Abby!


So, I'm finally getting around to writing about Abby's broken leg. She was trying to climb up to Grandma and Grandpa Anderson's treehouse and just didn't quite make it! It wasn't a huge fall, but the landing was just right to fracture both bones in her lower leg. She's already had her purple cast for almost 2 weeks and will be in it for another 3 or so. It's been a bit of a challenge, since she needs to be carried everywhere. But, she has recently re-discovered the joys of crawling and can maneuver her way around the house pretty quickly by herself now! (I'm going to have to get her a set of kneepads!)

Abby has just been amazing to watch throughout this experience. She hasn't once complained about her broken leg and is very patient as she watches Brynn run and dance around her. I am so proud of her and have learned a lot from her attitude. Believe me: if I had been the one to break my leg, I definitely wouldn't have her attitude. Although, it might be nice having James carry me around! =)

(Notice the nice remains of Brynn's peanut butter and jelly sandwich on her clothes. We didn't have bread for 2 or 3 days, and the girls were suffering withdrawls from their normal lunch routine. Luckily, we ventured out to the grocery store yesterday...They couldn't have been happier!)

5 comments:

Los Smith said...

lots of hugs and kisses to little abby...What a trooper she is!!

The Thurstons said...

Ah man...I remember when Abby broke her arm...I'm glad she's still her happy self despite her injury!

Matt said...

Her picture is both cute and sad at the same time!!

I hope she gets better soon (having had 6 or 7 broken bones myself, I know what she's going through!)

Matt

Jake and Shell said...

boo...poor Abby is right! We'll play this week. We'll have crawling contests or something!

LBP said...

I need to take pointers from Abby on having a better attitude. Your girls are adorable.